Saturday, September 5, 2015

Kindergarten: Colorful Mice inspired by "Mouse Paint"

My brand new baby Kinders are already mixing primary colors like pros thanks to the book Mouse Paint by Ellen Stoll Walsh.



This book is a less than 5-minute read (perfect for five-year-olds). Three little mice find three jars full of red, yellow, and blue paint. *Fast forward* Each mouse climbs their little mouse body into a jar of paint and they all play in each other's paint puddles. They end up making the secondary colors: purple, orange and green. They proceed to wash themselves off in the cat's water bowl. It's precious.

All of that to say, I read the kindergarteners the book then we mixed our very own colors and made them into cute little mice! 

I traced the circles on to the paper for them so I wouldn't want to pull my hair out by the end of class. You fellow art teachers know what I mean...Anyway, they first painted the red, yellow, and blue circles. Then they mixed colors to fill in the dots.  We finished by adding black marker details. If you zoom in close enough you will see that each one is unique, quirky, and cute as a button!  


No comments:

Post a Comment